1) Being hospitalized on my favorite holiday.
2) Going over 30 consecutive days to several hospitals for some type of medical treatment.
3) Chemo related mouth sores, you know like ulcers/canker sores...but to boot I also had them in my nose. Talk about beyond painful and uncomfortable to breathe for weeks. This also caused me to drop another 5lbs because I couldn't eat a lot of foods. Also lots of issues sleeping from it.
4) A lot more transfusions and A LOT of fluids because I couldn't keep hydrated.
5) A bad nose bleed I think the day I posted me last blog. Because my platelets are low it kept bleeding nonstop. The blood also ran down my throat into my mouth and I was spitting out a handful of blood clots. Fucking creepy, like the "creepy blood in the mouth" incident during my first hospitalization. I subsequently rushed to the hospital and waited 3 ish hours to get blood products that day while pinching my nose. I did however meet quite a few characters that day. One a Vietnam vet who was totally ridiculous and had a gameboy with tetris. He also saw us at the hospital the next day and "allegedly" touched Amanda's boob while trying to grab her hand. LMAO. Ok I feel bad for her actually. Who knew you could get molested in the transfusion area of a cancer center?
6) That same week I spent close to 40 hours at the hospital for some thing.
7) My sister and boyfriend have been there for every single moment of this. They are truly the best and witness a lot of craziness so I know it puts a lot of stress on them too.
Thank you so much to family, friends (old and new) for all your support, letters, texts, visits and calls. It has seriously helped me from falling off my rocker lately. I miraculously maintained a pretty happy and positive attitude for most of it so I think I'm allowed this down period. Luckily I have just one more round of chemo to go (sometime in February) so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My sister reminded me or it when I got my first day off in over a month. We drove to the beach and then had ice cream. Perfect way to get your mind on the right track.
|I humor him by wearing this Saints shirt on his game day. Or I wear it when I feel like shit.|
My friend "P" sent me this pic reminding me of New Orleans for our friend's Bachelorette Party the other year. Totally making out with Drew Brees in a souvenir shop. Mike is jealous. And that isn't me drunk at 10 am, and that isn't a bloody mary in my hand.....*eyes looking around the room*
To top off the weekend Mike took me to the park where we walked a little and sat on a bench to enjoy the outdoors. When walking back to the car the lady bug sitting next to us on the bench jumped on my hat. I'll think of it as good luck! Thanks again everyone. Have a good day!